Why CBD hand sanitiser?
Hand sanitiser is now a common feature to most handbags, coat pockets and shop entrances. Despite the anti-bacterial benefits, common sanitisers can often dry out and irritate sensitive skin. Many people are now celebrating the benefits of sanitiser infused with CBD oil, to aid sensitive skin. Read on to find out why.
What is hand sanitiser?
Hand sanitiser is a liquid spray or gel to which is used to disinfect germs quickly from the hands. They are alcohol-based and are often preferred by health care centres for quickly washing hands without the need of soap and water. Whilst they should not be used in place of soap and water, as sanitizers won’t kill all types of germs including often, norovirus. However Hand gel is quick and convenient and certainly at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic it became the most wanted product to buy!
Why does Sanitiser dry out skin?
Despite its hygienic benefits, the high alcohol content in sanitiser means it has a tendency to irritate and dry out skin. This is because the alcohol, along with killing harmful bacteria, also strips the skin of its natural oils.
Once this is stripped away, the skin is more susceptible to further bacteria and damage. So often adding more soaps and creams worsens the problem, instead of fixing it.
CBD and Sanitiser
CBD infused sanitiser is a great combination for your hands. It is known that the CBD particles penetrate the skin better, actually enhancing the anti-bacterial effect.
Further than that CBD also contains Omega 3-fatty acids, which soothes irritated skin. CBD also contains vitamins A, C and E. Vitamin E is essential for good skin health and nourishment.
Quick recipe for CBD hand Sanitiser
Whilst there are many products out there offering CBD hand sanitiser, we have gathered together a quick recipe and easy process you can make your own at home!
- -85g/3oz of Isopropyl (Rubbing alcohol) 99%/Ethanol is also an alternative
- 75g/2.5oz of cup of aloe vera gel
- 10 drops of high quality CBD oil or tincture
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
- First measure out the rubbing alcohol into a bowl, followed by the Aloe Vera gel. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the CBD oil with the other essential oils you wish to add until full combined.
- Add the oil mixture to the alcohol/Aloe Vera mixture and mix again.
- Add into a clean bottles or containers.
- (This step can be skipped) Make a fun label for your homemade sanitiser and be proud about what you’re doing for your skin health!
For more CBD tips and wellness advice, browse our website. If you are interested in hearing about more of the skin benefits of CBD head over to our blog or browse our stunning collection of CBD creams and CBD balms!