How does CBD make you feel?
The increased popularity in CBD use has led to great benefits for all users. However more people using it often means more mis-information being shared online. The honest truth is, that CBD has very few concerning side-affects and has helped thousands of people regain independence and control over their own lives and health.
What is CBD
CBD or ‘cannabidiol’ is a chemical compound known as a cannabinoid found natural in the cannabis and Hemp plants. The common misconception is that CBD will leave you feeling light-headed or your reflexes may be temporarily impaired, this comes from the wider knowledge of cannabis.
However as sold in the UK, CBD does not contain ‘THC’ or ‘tetrahydrocannabinol’ which is the compound responsible for giving cannabis it’s characteristic ‘high’ feeling. CBD is safe and non-psychotic and a growing school of research has championed its analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
The UK CBD can contain no more that 0.2% of ‘THC’ so the UK market is relatively safe for first time users of CBD.
Possible side affects
The reports of side-effects of CBD are minimal in the majority. The amount reported should not put you off trying CBD yourself. Finding the correct CBD product is essential in ensuring you can enjoy the benefits of CBD. First time use for some people may cause these side-affects below:
- Tiredness or fatigue
- Changes in appetite or weight
- Dry mouth
- Low Blood pressure
The way your body receives CBD will be very unique to you. The effect it can have in the body can depend on; the amount you ingest, age, weight, health conditions, other medications and even environmental factors. We stress these are these side-effects are rare and are usually a symptom of your body adjusting to the new CBD.
How to manage side effects
Often, with long-term use the body will adjust to the introduction of CBD. If this is not the case you may want too:
- Adjust the amount of CBD you are taking. Smaller dosages for new uses are best for the body. A gradual increase will ensure better adaptation and tolerance.
- Try a different product. Before you spend your money know how you want the CBD to work for you. If it is muscle pain a CBD balm may be a better option than a CBD tincture. Similarly, a CBD pillow Spray may be the most suitable to relieve stress before bedtime
- Review the ingredients in your product. You may have chosen product with a larger amount of CBD that your body was ready for.
- Consult a health expert. If a certain symptom continues, it may be an indicator of an underlying condition, and not a side-affect of CBD. If you are worried about a new occurrence or pain in your body talking to a Doctor or nurse is our best advice. Similarly, if you are taking prescription medication.
Using CBD Safely
IF you are new to CBD make sure you closely follow the dosage instructions of the particular product you have chosen. Do not rush using it expecting result over-night, CBD builds up in the body and begins to work 1-3 weeks after regular dosages.Begin with a small dosage and adjust if you feel it is necessary, never exceeding the products recommended advice. For more information browse our blogs and site to make sure you pick the right product for you!